Mission & Goals
Updated Thursday February 11, 2016 by Jill Fulginite.
Mission & Goals
Mission of WYF
The Mission of WYF is....
- To implant in the youth of the community, ideals of good sportsmanship, discipline, honesty, loyalty, courage and reverence by providing a supervised, safety oriented, instructional and competitive football and cheerleading program, so that they may be finer, stronger, healthier and happier youths who will reflect credit on themselves, their parents and theor community.
- To stress the importance of scholastic achievement
- To carry on any other activity in supprt of and to benefit the above mission as may be carried on by a corporation organized under Chapter 180 of the Massachusetts General Laws and described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Code.
The supervisors involved with the youth of the community shall bear in mind that the attainment of the exceptional athletic skill or the winning of games or competitions will be in accordance with the principlas as stated above.
Goals of WYF
The Goals of WYF are...
- To have fun - participants who make a commitment to football and to their team will have an enjoyable, meaningful football experience and want to play football again the following season.
- To learn the fundamentals of football - participants who attend practices and listen to their coaches will gain basic football knowledge and will improve throughout the season.
- To be competitive within the Bay State Youth Football Conference - the goal is to win as many games as possible while operating within the guidelines of our Mission and according to the rules adopted by the Bay State Conference.